The Peace Bench™, a modern take on an ancient Tibetan stool, makes floor sitting a breeze by taking pressure off the ankles and feet while in kneeling position (Seiza, Sukhasana). Bench legs are rounded for flexibility and ease of movement. Available in three sizes.
- Balances the weight of the body to allow effortless sitting without back support
- Takes pressure off hips, knees, shins and back
- Comes in four pieces to keep you in One Peace!
- Facilitates Active Sitting which tones core muscles
- Innovative design is sturdy when assembled yet comes apart easily when traveling
- Easy to pack in a suitcase or backpack because the pieces are not connected
- You can sit in kneeling position or Sukasana (Easy Pose), as shown in photos.
- The front half of the bench legs are gently rounded to allow the bench to move with the needs of the sitter (this adjusts the angle of the seat to whatever is needed). The back half is flat, to keep the bench from rocking backwards too far.
- You can rock slightly forwards and back with the rounded legs which allows spinal fluid movement
- Can be placed on a Zabuton for cushioning of knees and feet
Environmentally friendly, Forest Stewardship Council certified composit material called MEDEX. This is a non-toxic, 100% recycled content, wood fiberboard that uses wood scraps which would otherwise be discarded.
- Hand finished with a whey based non-toxic finish protects and gives a dark honey sheen
- Optional padded bench cushion and drawstring carry bag available.
Weighs four pounds
Small size: 5 3/4″ tall in front, 7 3/4″ tall in back.
Weight: 3 lb 8 oz.
Medium size: 6 3/4″ tall in front, 8 3/4″ tall in back.
Weight: 3 lb 10 oz.
Large size: 7 3/4″ tall in front, 9 3/4″ tall in back. Weight: 3 lb 12 oz.
Seat Top: 7″ x 18″ on all sizes.